SSS provides loan facility to its qualified members and one of these loan offers is the salary loan. As an added service to SSS online users, a member can file their salary loan application thru the SSS website. To be able to use this service, you need to log in to your SSS account, if you are not yet registered as an online member, go to SSS website and fill out the Online User ID Registration. Click here to learn how to register online.
The good thing with the online salary application form is it is more simplified than filling out the paper-based SSS application for salary loan form. You also save time in going to the SSS branch just to submit your documents. Also, by using the online application you will be informed right away if you are entitled to this benefit based on your monthly contribution. Read on to know the four simple steps to do in applying for SSS salary loan.
1. After successfully logging in to your account, navigate to the E-SERVICES menu then click the APPLY FOR SALARY LOAN link.
2. You need to fill out an online form that requests for required information such as loanable amount which you can select from the drop-down box (that is system-generated/computed amount), mailing address and postal code and tick the I agree to the terms and conditions.
3. After you filled out the required fields, the site will require you to confirm your submission, just press the OK button to continue and just wait for the email confirmation from SSS.
4. So after you have successfully submitted your application online, you will receive an email message of your Salary Loan Confirmation informing you of your successful submission with transaction number.
5. After two to three days, you can check online as regards the status of your application. Navigate to the E-SERVICES - INQUIRY menu then select LOANS - LOAN STATUS/LOAN INFO menu. The "Check Generated" status will appear under the Loan Information Details which means that your check or a registered mail is about to be delivered to you.
Recently when I tried this online loan application, the check was not delivered to my address. Instead, I received a registered mail to claim my check at the post office after around three weeks of waiting. Anyways, so long as I have the check, the wait is just worth it.