Saturday, October 25, 2014
How to Apply Online for NBI Clearance
That was the tedious process of applying for NBI clearance at the NBI Main Office years ago. Eventually, the process improved when they opened satellite branches in malls and other offsite offices. So it was really big news when long queue started to pile up again earlier this year. Understandably, it was the result of the Bureau's quest to improve the system and what a better way to do it than to make its services available thru the internet. So today, I had the chance to finally use the Online NBI Clearance Application. Here is the step by step guide to help you through the application process.
1. From the NBI website, select from the menu Clearance Registration Application. A new form will be displayed.
2. Fill out all pertinent information. Select NEW for first-time applicants and RENEWAL for those who have previously issued clearance.
3. Fill out Applicant information, Contact details, family background, and other information.
4. After filling out the application, click SUBMIT. A reference code will be provided once the application is successfully submitted. You can copy this reference code or print your system generated application form. If you do not have printer, just be sure to have the reference code when you go to NBI office.
5. You can then proceed to the NBI Office in Manila. Pay the corresponding fee and proceed to picture and biometrics capturing.
6. If there is no significant findings in your record, you can get your clearance on the same day.
So there goes the easier process for applying NBI clearance. The process seem to have been significantly streamlined with the online application process. Even the waiting time for the release of clearance has greatly reduced from days to just a matter of hours. Maybe next time they could come up with an online payment so that applicants no longer need to queue at the cashier. But, generally, the improved process is a real great feat!