Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Search for the beauty within you

Since I have said in my previous post that I am starting this year on a new note (see related post: Earth Hour 2010) I really need to keep my promise to myself that I intend to go green this year. Now I am also getting to be conscious of the products I use at home.

Aside from replacing energy-intensive appliances and limiting the use of electricity inside the house, I also get to monitor the waste that is going out of our home. I started to make an inventory of all products I use from cooking essentials to bathroom necessities and I opted to make a major change in my shopping habit, I need to exert an extra effort to only use and patronize products that share the same principle as I have.

Even if I still have some stocks left at home, I already started searching for the things I intend to buy. I went to the supermarkets trying to find that environment-friendly local products to bring home but to my disappointment, I seem to be looking for a single coin under the vast sea.  What I did find out was only few companies really make an effort to encourage their consumers to be environment-conscious. It’s a good thing that I came across a product line that is not only into the business of making their consumers beautiful but also encourages earth-friendly disposition.  I was really glad to find a product with such initiative,  it says a lot in their packaging "not tested on animals", "does not contain animal ingredients", "formulated without parabens and phthalates" and there is a statement that encourages consumer to recycle the packaging.

What a nice way to be beautiful and be earth-friendly at the same time.  Still need to search some other nature-friendly products for the home though.  It's a strange but exciting feeling as if I am into treasure-hunting ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment